have you heard the news? My blog has been nominated by Dazzling Whimsy at dazzlingwhimsy.com for the Brave Heart Award! I feel honoured and grateful. But what is more, it gives me courage to be brave! (http://dazzlingwhimsy.com/2014/07/16/brave-heart-award/)
Dazzling Whimsy is searching for sunshine in an obscure world. And this is definitely courageous and beautiful.
Now, in order to abide by the rules, I will answer a series of questions:
- Tell us a little bit about your blog. Who designed it? I have used the Reedle Theme from WordPress. The photo that serves as background pictures two beautiful trees full of flowers at the Luxembourg garden in Paris, where I live, in April. It is a photo that I have taken myself and I love a lot.
- What is the title and description of your blog? April4June6: A journal of self-transformation. It started as a challenge I undertook: to write a form of daily journal for three months, as a tool to change certain aspects of my life: create prosperity and allow a loving relationship. I wanted to see change in three months. The incentive was a difficult time with a “wannabee boss” who appears in some of my posts. But it also helped me realize there are a lot of things I love about my life and myself :-). My style is a form of “dialogue” with the different months of the year. As a mentioned in my “update”, something concrete happened in this period: my project passed the first step of an evaluation at the end of June. But at the same time, this blog is an excuse to do what I love: WRITE. And to share some thoughts and questions on everyday life, with those who would like to accompany me. I extended the period of the blog to another three months 🙂
- Who is your intended audience? At the beginning, my intended audience was myself and two of my best friends. Now, everyone who would take an interest in it is welcome! I am very grateful of fellow-bloggers who have read and commented on my posts. This dialogue has taken me a step further and made my life more beautiful! Thank you again!
- How did you come up with the title of your blog? I just wanted to write for three months, my challenge was from April to June, and I added 4 since April is the fourth month and 6 for June.
- Give us an interesting fun fact about your blog. I have been writing a post a day for three months and a half now 🙂 and intend to continue with the same rythm for another three months.
- What other blogs do you own and what makes them alike? This is my first blog, but I also have a site related to my other activities, that I will reveal in the future.
- Do you have any unique talents or hobbies? I think we all have talents and hobbies in a way. I write fiction and poetry. My first novel is already submited in different publishing houses, but it is not in english, yet! As to hobbies, my favorite is having a coffee in Paris or elsewhere, discussing with people I love or by myself, while watching people passing by. Reading of course, now blogging also, if this can be considered a hobby. I also love to dance!
- What can we expect from you in the future? To be present in the blog-sphere and to tell you about my novel that I will translate in english 🙂 I should start this August.
- Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers/bloggers? I think it is important to write because it helps self-reflection and it allows us to become conscious of certain ideas that could have passed unoticed. Gettinf feedback is also so important! To be brave and accept some vulnerability. Being vulnerable demands a lot of courage!
- Before you go, could you share a snippet from your blog? I will quote my comment on July 11, that explains the way I see blogging: “Yes, the blog is like a magic mirror for me. A miror because it allows self reflection, but also “magic” because it brings back other views and voices to!” (https://april4june6.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/july-11-inspiration-and-the-key-to-success/)
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Braveheart Award:
Each blog represents for me a different dimension of a “Brave Heart”
1. http://kimberlyharding.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/back-to-my-husband/ for bringing to the surface elements that lie in our collective inconscious, through her art and posts. I linked to her last post that I find absolutely great, talking about herself and her love for her husband.
2. http://stringofpearls2.wordpress.com/about/ for her courage to put herself on stage and share her world with us : “I am addicted to beauty, I love too deeply, and I’m a scarred human being with a hard past. I am on a journey that I hope to share transparently with anyone who stumbles here”.
3. http://labiblioafronebrulepas.com/about/ for her wonderful purpose to create an African library that cannot burn: “Anne KEDI SIADE, young cameroonian Lady passionate of Africa, and filled with the vision that this continent will be big and determined to be part of it”. I just love people with a purpose!
4. http://julesgemstonepages.wordpress.com/about-me-sort-of/ for being so much more than “…an old leather boot trying to walk on a catwalk and nobody cares because I’m not a plastic mock animal high heel shoe.”
5. http://bucketlistpublications.org/about-me/ for sharing : ” portrays the beauty and limitless possibilities of this world”, but also the fears and insecurities that allow us to be brave. And I refer to this post that I liked a lot: http://bucketlistpublications.org/2014/07/18/drowning-fear/
6. http://alygeorges.wordpress.com/about/ for her purpose to “…share my experiences on this site, so I can motivate someone; help them understand that there’s so much to life than just resigning oneself to misery”
I think the rules are to answer the above questions, post the award, link back to who gave it to you and nominate others.
Brave Heart Award